On Friday, Indian National Congress (INC) released its manifesto for the Punjab Assembly Elections 2022, promising Rs 1100 per month for women, eight free gas cylinders, and one lakh government jobs. The party has also promised free education for all needy students and corporations for the sale of liquor and sand mining.
While addressing in a press conference in Chandigarh, Punjab Congress President Navjot Singh Sidhu said that the party’s government in the state will procure pulses, oilseed, and corn from farmers. He also said that the 13-point agenda of the party reflects the vision of Congress leader Rahul Gandhi.
Congress Party Poll Promises
- Free health services for all in government hospitals
- Free eight cylinders per year
- Free education in government schools and universities for all the needy students
- 1100 INR per month financial aid to the needy women
- One lakh government jobs per year
- MGNREGA wages to be hiked to Rs 350
- Rs 2 lakh interest-free loan for startups
- Investment fund of Rs 1000 crore for startups
- Old-age pension to be increased to 3100 rupees
- Every kacha makaan to pakka makaan in a span of six months
The Assembly elections in Punjab will be held in a single phase on 20th February and the counting of votes will take place on 10th March.
In the Punjab Polls 2022, Congress has announced Charanjit Singh Channi as its Chief ministerial face, while AAP (Aam Aadmi Party) announced Bhagwant Mann as its CM face. Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has formed an alliance with Punjab Lok Congress led by Captain Amarinder Singh and Shiromani Akali Dal (Sanyukt) led by RS MP Sukhdev Dhindsa.